Discover more about delicious yaupon.
Vegan Yaupon Pumpkin Pancakes
Pumpkin may be the flavor of fall, but complemented with Lost Maples yaupon, these pancakes may become your year to go to for breakfast. Easy to make, delicious to eat, and fun to pair with your favorite flavors.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 Lost Maples yaupon pouch
- 1 tsp vegan butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed pumpkin purée
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
1. Make milk tea by heating milk up and adding the Lost Maples yaupon pouch. Let steep for 5 minutes then remove the yaupon pouch and set aside for milk tea to cool.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine cooled milk tea, melted butter, pumpkin purée, syrup, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
3. Add in the dry ingredients and combine well. If batter is thin, add more flour. If batter is thick, add more non-dairy milk.
4. Preheat a large skillet to medium-low heat.
5. Pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake and flip once small bubbles form in the middle of the pancake. Cook for another 1-3 minutes after flipping.
6. Top with vegan butter, maple syrup, more spices, and even chopped pecans to find your perfect breakfast bite!
I look forward to my cup of Lost Maple on the weekends.