The 5 Best Tea Infusers (Make the Tastiest Tea)
Tea infusers make it easy to steep delicious cups of tea and to truly personalize each cup your way. With the ability to add your favorite leaves and any flavors you love with ease, infusers make it possible to change up every cup to suit your mood. They also make multiple tea steeps easy and give you the freedom to use many types of tea. In this guide, we ranked and reviewed the best tea infusers.
If you want to get some delicious tea for your infuser, we have a collection of the best teas for using in infusers right here in tea bags or loose leaf.
What is the Best Tea Infuser?
1. Yaupon Strainer
This tea strainer is designed to create a cup full of delicious flavor and great benefits. Unlike tea infuser balls, this design allows the loose leaf to saturate the water and infuse the flavor throughout your cup. Add your favorite flavors and additions to get a delicious cup every single time. It also takes up less room than a tea infuser ball, making it even easier to take with you. Place over the top of your favorite mug and strain out the loose leaf to enjoy a warm cup anytime.
- Great tasting tea as the design allows the tea leaves to saturate the brew and infuse their full flavor and benefits.
- Easy to use with an intuitive design that is easy to carry with you.
- Clean steeping space with a drip tray included to catch any remaining water once you’ve strained your tea leaves to make clean up simple.
Try our CatSpring Yaupon tea to complement this strainer. It’s organic, non-gmo, kosher, sustainably grown, and naturally caffeinated.
2. Tea Infuser Basket
A tea infuser basket provides a larger space for your tea leaves to spread out, ensuring a cup with more flavor and benefits. Extra fine mesh keeps the leaves and other tea particles safely inside the basket so your brew is just yummy tea. Simply add your favorite leaves to the basket and rest in your cup for the desired time. Then remove and enjoy a great cup of tea!
- Fine mesh keeps tea leaves out of your brew and allows only the delicious flavor into your cup.
- Basket design allows the leaves to spread out giving your brew a full-bodied flavor.
- Dishwasher safe for quick and easy clean up.
3. Teapot with Bottom Dispenser
A unique design by some companies is a teapot that lets you add loose leaf and water to the top. Then once the brew has steeped to perfection, place the bottom of the teapot over a cup and release a valve to let the tea flow out through a built in strainer that keeps any leaves from ending up in your cup. This allows you to steep multiple cups at once and adds in the benefit of allowing the loose leaf to spread throughout the water for the most flavor and benefits.
- Intuitive design for easy brewing and simple to personalize every brew with plenty of room to add your desired leaves and any twists you love.
- Built in strainer keeps your tea clear and can make subsequent steeps even easier if you’re reusing leaves.
- Dishwasher safe for quick and easy clean up.
4. Tea Ball Infuser
A classic for any tea lover, the tea ball lets you load in your favorite loose leaf tea and let it brew for any desired time. Some come with a chain to make it easy to remove them when the time to enjoy comes. Others may have a handle that can make stirring them around the brew easy and infusing even more flavor in. One draw back is these can sometimes crowd your leaves meaning you’ll need more time to get a full-flavored cup.
- Easy to fill and let sit as you prepare to enjoy your favorite cup.
- Mix and match your favorite blends by easily adding in your favorite leaves and flavors.
- Simple to clean and rinse off to make turn around between subsequent cups short.
5. Glass Infusers
It’s been reported that plastic and metal infusers can alter the taste of tea, detracting from the natural flavor of the brew. An alternative is glass infusers that don’t change the infusion, making every cup as close to the original flavor as possible. Some of these designs have slits that may let pieces of the leaves into the brew, so it’s best to use varieties with larger leaves.
- A natural cup thanks to glass being a neutral material that won’t alter the flavor of the tea.
- Heat resistant which makes them useful to use with hot water at various temperatures to make your ideal cup.
- Easy to clean and wipe up to make even more cups of tea!
The Bottom Line
Whether you prefer black, green, white, herbal, or flavored teas, there’s a loose leaf tea infuser out there for you. Whether you’re looking for a method to give your leaves as much room to infuse as possible or something great for taking loose leaf on the go, we’ve got you covered. Find a perfect infuser for you and any other avid tea drinkers in your life.
If you want to get our best tasting tea for using with your infuser, check out our organic, naturally caffeinated CatSpring Yaupon tea here.